Posted Under : Travel solutions
- Posted by :Chirag Nandaniya
- Date : Feb 24, 2015
Sabre.com – The Sabre system was an American Airlines investment, first installed on two IBM 7090 computers in 1960 to combine a passenger name record with a seat inventory.
Sabre has four main business units: Travel Marketing and Distribution, Airline Solutions, Consulting and Emerging Businesses. Key facts include:
- More than $75 billion in travel booked annually
- Approximately 40% of all reservations made in the world are processed through the Sabre system
- More than 400 million bookings made annually
- 50 million reservations housed in the system, approximately 1.25 million daily
- Offers travel services from more than 440 airlines, more than 50,000 hotel properties, more than 50 car rental companies, railroads, tour operators, ferry companies, cruise lines, travel insurance agencies, events vendors, limousines and ground transportation.
Sabre owns Travelocity.com and GetThere.com , the world’s leading provider of Web-based travel reservation systems for corporations and travel suppliers. More information is available at www.sabre.com .